Forum

• By (Deleted User)

I have a Cisco 1200 AP which has no image on it. Despite trying to load an image using the Cisco instructions here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00804d2f34.html#wp1038660

It seems that it just isnt seeing the tftp server. Does anyone have any suggestions or details on using xmodem on the 1200 to restore the image.

Thanks

• I've used this method many times successfully. Easy way to upgrade firmware...

I set my laptop's IP to 10.0.0.2, and enable the tftp server/dhcp utility [I use tftpd32, a free utlity here]

I set the dhcp to hand out 10.0.0.10, ensure the .default file is in the tftp directory, crossover cable into AP, power up, press/hold mode, wait for red, and away it goes.

Nice thing is that you see in the tftpd32 utility when the dhcp/tftp requests come across the wire - which may aid in troubleshooting.

Have you tried the mode/reload with a known good AP, in case something else is amiss?

• I have done the same thing only by default the AP should get a 10.0.0.1 address. I have done this several times and never had to use a dhcp. You can go ahead and use DHCP but no need to make things more complicated. If this does not work you must RMA that AP. I have had them to the point where the flash no longer intializes and there is nothing you can do about it but replace it.

• By (Deleted User)

All sorted, stupid XP firewall was blocking, DOH!

Page 1 of 1