Forum

• I'm looking for a wireless configuration utility to replace the Windows WZC service to select my wireless networks. The utility would have to view available wireless networks and connect to them at a minimum.

The reasons are many but suffice to say I am not pleased with Windows WZC. The Windows service Wireless Zero Configuration is insistent about installing the most powerful network signal despite having selected the check box to install preferred networks.

I am considering:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-41617-1

I have tried the Buffalo technologies,but it kept disconnecting, so that't out.
    If anyone has a link and suggestions I'd appreaciate it. The intended use if for a lab environment that is very RF noisy, so we really require the ability to select a and keep track of a wireless SSID.

• www.wifihopper.com

• By (Deleted User)

For use in the enterprise, I ALWAYS recommend:

Juniper Networks Odyssey Access Client

The Microsoft WZC supplicant has many known and published security holes. In fact, the DOD mandates that the sucker be diasabled in Windows.

Odyssey Client works with most Wi-Fi radio cards.

• Yes, Odyssey is a very good piece of software with a long track record of great success. Whether you go with it or something else will likely depend on budget.

• Many WLAN cards also have their own WLAN utilities that replace WZC.

Page 1 of 1