Forum

• I have been tasked with setting up a Wireless "Touchdown" centre.. A.K.A a "hotspot" for an organisation..

The wlan is set up.. The problem I have is this...

The have many users from all over europe coming in for conferences.. with all manner of OS's.

Some of them have static IP's, fixed DNS servers and Proxy servers.. and no Admin access to the laptops...

The only solution I know of that can handle this is the Vernier Networks systems...

Does anyone know of any alternative "hotspot" or Access Control Devices/systems that allow for this.?

• Hi pbo,

Use any product that allows universal client functionality and also allows you to configure transparent/forced DNS and HTTP request to pass through your router. With this it does not matter what is configured on the clients laptops/system it will will recieve network valid IPs needed to browse.
    I use Mikrotik for such implementations. Talk to them about getting the RouterBoard 532A indoor solution with a License level 6 or a Routerboard 1000 (comes by default with a License level6).

www.mikrotik.com

Okechukwu

Page 1 of 1