Forum

• Hello Sonny,
    You should be able to roam seamlessly with the three autonomous APs, if the configurations are identical, except for the channels. I would have the channels selected as 1,6, and 11.

Are the scanners 802.11b only? If so, I have seen issues with older legacy 802.11b devices with 802.11g APs. Typically, the manufacture should have a software/firmware/driver upgrade to resolve such an issue. If not, you can try only having seven data rates for 802.11g active (1/2 basic, 5.5/11/36/48/54 supported) and see if this resolves the issue. If it does, then the manufacture needs to be informed and a wireless trace would need to be captured in order for their engineering team to analyze and resolve.

Can you authenticate/associate to the other two APs at all? If not, I would validate the configurations (e.g. Authentication/Encryption/MAC Filtering/MU Limit/Radios enabled/Power settings). We have all fat fingered configurations, so double-check and validate. If you can, then possible interference and/or coverage issues.

If the scanners are 802.11ag, then I would really interrogate the APs configurations. I am assuming you are using some sort of emulation software on the scanners to a back end server. You will want to ensure that TCP Keep-alive and due time mark settings are configured correctly on the server (per the emulation companies documentation), to ensure connectivity and session persistence to the host during roams and power-save.

I am surprise to hear that the manufacture support desk could not provide more assistance.

Chris

Page 1 of 1