Forum

• I have a netwrok with around 22 Cisco 1240AG access points connected to a Cisco controller, using b/g.

I inherited the network form the install team, however I did site survey the area with Ekahau and made sure that the channels were set correctly with minimal overlap.

We have about 6 SSID's.

Now in certain areas on certain SSID's the clients drop off the network regulalry and then reattach. It's very obtrusive and very annoying. With my test kit, I didn't see this happening at all, so it's since the users have populated the site. In all we are talking of a total of 3 or 4 clients in any one are at any one time, this is a minimal use installation.

In any one point, the client should see a good signal from one AP ad weaker signals on other channels from others, so why do they roam off ?

I can't get to the site yet to run any analysis, so if anyone can give me any suggestions as to why this is happening I would be very grateful.

Thanks guys.

NM

• What are the clients? We had problems with our WVoIP phones. There is a setting on them that sets the threshold for signal strength before roaming.

David

• Just regular Vista (Grrrrrr.....) laptops.

Shouldn't be like this, this is why the controller was put in in the first place.

Page 1 of 1