Forum

• Several companies I am working with are looking to replace all of the Cisco and Aruba hardware that they have, but they are hoping to get some sort of quick return on investment before their wireless purchase with the next vendor.

Does anyone know of a good place where they can go to sell this back? (Everything works as it did when it came from the manufacturer)

In the case of Cisco, it's probably around 4000 Aironet nodes, mostly 1242s and 1040s. And in the case of Aruba, I'm not really sure.

• Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm curious, what vendor are they using to replace all that gear?

• www.networkliquidators.com

• If you're in the hunt for new wireless gear, some vendors will do buy backs and put it towards the purchase of new equipment.

My experience has been that when selling used gear to middle men you dont get much for it....

I have found in some cases piecing it out on EBAY / Craig's List you get a few extra dollars.

• The problem is that in this case, the customers do NOT want to continue with the vendors that they're using.

Also, I work for the vendor of the new gear, so it's not exactly prudent of me to call up the previous vendor and try to strike a deal with them. :)

Both customers (for better or worse) are convinced that they want to ditch Cisco and Aruba. Personally, I think some of their problems have to do with gear being improperly being set up in the first place. But I'm not going to complain, of course...

Ironically, the guy who is making the decision to scrap Cisco is a CCIE R&S and is working on his CCIE Wireless, and he has a pretty good grasp of the operational side of things and knows what he wants in a wireless vendor. He doesn't like the way Cisco does wireless for this particular layer in their network.

• Someone just referred American Communication to me

http://www.go-ac.com/

Anyone here used them before?

Page 1 of 1