Forum

• So lately I have been asking questions about Spectrum analyzing and how to read the data correctly.

I have gathered all the data that I need to present to the upper-management regarding our wireless network.

I work for a 3rd Party Logistics firm in Fort Worth, that relies heavily on our wireless network for order pulling, receiving, and inventory purposes. Lately we have taken on a task for a certain company testing returned home grade access points. These access points are creating all sorts of noise and CCI/ACI to the network since 40-50 of these items are being turned on at a time for testing and diagnostics for times up to 3 minutes per. I have also seen that we have a high interference rate of microwaves in one of our other buildings.

To give you an idea, I help manage the WLAN between 3 buildings, two of them being 300,000+ sqf. Is there anything out there that wouldhelp contain the unwanted RF signals from microwaves? Also, is there any kind of material that can be used to build a cage, or an inclosed area where these access points are being tested to help minimize the interference that they are causeing.

As of right now we are not seeing much interference, I am presuming it is due to the low bandwidth required by our RF guns. However, we are about to purchase an additional 50+ guns with in the next few months to add to the network that already has 150-200 RF guns with multiple Cisco 1240 APs.

If any one has had any experience in dealing with an enterprise size wireless network with the amount of RF guns that we are using, that may have some suggestions about how to contain the unwanted signals, i would great apprecieate the help, and/or suggestions.

Thanks!

8)

Page 1 of 1