Forum

• Team

We've got 2 APs here in our building that we do not manage. They were installed by some audio/video company in 2 fancy executive conference rooms. They are turned up pretty loud. They are running on channels 3 and 11 (I don't know why). These 2 conference room WLANs are used with fancy LCD remote controls that move the projector screens up and down, dim the lights, play videos, etc. That's all they do. On any given day there are probably 10 button presses on each of these 2 remote controls that is actual data over this WLAN.

Then we also have our corporate WLAN which works pretty well (no complaints anyway).

When I do my AirMagnet site survey it shows me lots of interference with these 2 conference room networks. The truth is though I know that there isn't much actual data traveling over them. If this is the case then are the REALLY causing interference with our corporate WLAN? I guess the question comes down to how AirMagnet computes / estimates how much interference there is, based on the data collected. Its got to see a ton of beacon frames, but if that's all the traffic going over the WLAN, does this really cause interference?
    Thanks
    MIKE

Page 1 of 1