Forum

• Although ???¡é?¡é?????¡­?¡°fat???¡é?¡é???????? AP???¡é?¡é?????¡é???¡és will always be around, there are many, many controller systems out there. These systems are in many different businesses from small scale all the way up to very large enterprises. Depending on the firm and the nature of their business etc, the effects of loss of wireless comms can range from ???¡é?¡é?????¡­?¡°We???¡é?¡é?????¡é???¡éll just wait till someone fixes it ???¡é?¡é???????|???¡é?¡é???????? to ???¡é?¡é?????¡­?¡°Oh S@#$ we???¡é?¡é?????¡é???¡ére going to lose a lot of money..???¡é?¡é????????

I was interested to hear of anyone???¡é?¡é?????¡é???¡és field experience of a single [ or more !! ???¡é?¡é?????¡é?€?? power hit maybe ] controller going down and info on the effects [ business wise etc ]. Was there a backup controller ? Did it come on-line smoothly ? Was there only one controller ? How long did it take to get the network back up etc. Although WLAN controllers are wonderful things, there is always the element of ???¡é?¡é?????¡­?¡°all eggs in one basket???¡é?¡é????????. Because of the costs of wireless controllers, many firms decide not to have any backup at all.

Anybody have any stories, good bad or ugly???¡é?¡é???????|.?

On the satellite side, many VSAT systems [ sometimes with hundreds of remote sites ] are run from one server. Many, many times, there is simply no backup. Depending on the technology used on the system, the results can vary from:
    No loss of existing calls or data links but as soon as they clear down, no new calls can be made

To

Loss of everything

Dave

• By (Deleted User)

A lot of the message is garbled.

Here's my story - I recently lost an Anchor.  Called Cisco's TAC for support. Got a quick reply and a 4-hour or less RMA and replaced it after completing the change controll later the same evening.

I had to drive from Orlando to Jax to perform the physical change - the RMA was there when I arrived.

As a result of this - there will now be another Controller to serve as a backup for each of the sites - a City and its surrounding areas. 

WLC's are new for Florida.

They are also "nice to have" but also not mission critical in most sites and Guess WLAN is a courtesy not an absolute requirement just yet.

Page 1 of 1