Forum

• Hi,

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am Reginald, currently reside in the Houston Texas area. I am fairly new here to this site. I passed my CWNA certification about a month ago, prior to that, I have been in the Wired and Wireless networking field for about 10 years. I have a suggestion as far as you dropping connectivity for 30 minutes or so. First of all, If you deployed 802.11n devices into your network as well as A/B/G clients, then you may want to look at the type of switches you are running to connect the devices. I would recommend gigabit switches to uplink to your WLC becuause of the 802.11n clients (Bandwidth intensive). If you are running 10/100 switches then this may be the cause of the problem you are dropping clients. The reason I say this is the WLC uses a lot of bandwidth when incorporated into the network. It (WLC) is also know to hose up the connection when too much data overhead is being transfered from the WLC to each AP in the network without gigabit switches. I have a few questions as far as how your network is configured. If you are running N clients with mixed environment, then you will need gigabit switches in your network to overcome bandwidth bottlenecks which is a contributor to temporary disconnects and retransmission retries at the data layer. If you do have gigabit switches and still having the same problem, then there's a way to configure the WLC to overcome the disconnect problem(assuming you have gig switches). You could be having a hidden node problem. If so, disable transmission rates 1, 2 and 5.5 mbps in WLC for hidden node problem and change the client device configuration to CTS to Self in all client devices.
    This is why a good Site Survey is recommended to see what's going on, inside your network.

1.Do you have gigabit switches in your network?
    2.Are your switches POE compliant as well as AP's?
    Thanks, kindly for your answer.

Page 1 of 1