Forum

• Is there a way (Windows 7 ) to enforce the use of our enterprise VPN when connecting from remote wired or wireless locations?

• Boognish,

We use Intel ProSet client with our users (wireless). Although we have not yet done what you would like (force uses to VPN when using remote access), there is a function with each profile you create that forces an application to launch when that profile is selected (you could then autolaunch your Cisco AnyConnect or whatever you VPN client would be). That would not "force" users to connect via VPN in a mandatory fashion, but it would be a "friendly reminder" to users to use VPN when in a remote location.

Presently, we are a Windows XP shop, so I do not know if this is possible with Windows 7. Although, I would suppose you could do something with investigating Win 7 group policy to do what you need to do.

There is another team at my work site working through this same issue you are asking about. If/when we arrive at a solution, I will repost what we are doing.

Page 1 of 1