Forum

CWNA pass

18 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: July 1, 2011:
  • I think it would be beneficial if there was a CWNA workbook to compliment the study guide. Its miss leading to have an "official" study guide that is not based on the test. I was familiar with the diagram provided because I work with that product. It?s difficult to prepare adequately without a reliable to main point of reference.

I will revisit the exam objectives, and find references material geared toward the exam objectives. But with so much information out there, what would you recommend in additional to the CWNA guide.

• By (Deleted User)

TamikoN, there is a CWNA workbook. It is two 400-page volumes, and you get it when you attend an authorized [url=http://www.cwnp.com/index1/training/search.php]CWNA Enterprise Wi-Fi Administration class[/url].

We disagree with your statement "Its misleading to have an "official" study guide that is not based on the test." We don't "teach the test" and the authors of the study guides are not writing a list of answers to the test. Doing so would make the certification worthless. The exam comes from the exam objectives. The study guide comes from the exam objectives. Therefore, start and end with the exam objectives. If it's in the objectives, it is fair game for being on the exam.

"In addition to the CWNA guide"? The practice tests here on cwnp.com, the practice test questions on the CD (or downloaded from [url=http://www.cwnp.com/sybex]here[/url]), these forums, the white papers [url=https://www.cwnp.com/index/training/freeresources/whitepapers]here[/url]...

I hope this helps.

• Yes that helps, and they are all material I have used. I was not looking for "test answers". I found the test questions to be obscure and miss-leading

• By (Deleted User)

Can you be more specific on how the questions were misleading?

• I took the test today and failed. IT WAS A TOUGH TEST. I am going to dig deeper this time in my studying into the chapters and get a better understanding of the material and objectives. I AM GOING TO PASS ON MY RETAKE.....

• Hello. I am CCNP and I just started in wireless. I would like to take CWNA
    first and then CWDP.
    Please tell me how to do. which books should I bye for courses and exam test?
    How could I manage my study?

Thank in advance.

• Hello, I gave my CWNA yesterday. I passed with a score of 70%.
    Is it too low? I want to give the test again to get a better score, but apparently CWNP has a policy against it. Can I know why?

I studied from the study guide (worth every dime).

• By (Deleted User)

There's an old joke (here in the US at least) that goes something like this:

Q - "What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom of the medical school class?"

A - "Doctor"

You passed your CWNA exam, so you are CWNA. Your score is now only for bragging rights, but those are better when you've conquered CWAP or CWSP or CWDP.

Yes, we have a policy that you can't retake an exam that you've just passed, because you don't have to. You passed.

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2