Forum

• Excellent info- thanks guys! I've spent the past several months studying for the CWNA at night after all the kids are in bed, dogs have been walked, and can finally sit down without interruption with my wife as she does her RN classwork. I'm going to hopefully take the test in the next month or two and after that I will tackle the CCNA- which I know is a little counter-intuitive but I feel pretty comfortable with my understanding of the CWNA material so far. I'm hoping to move to the networking side of things in my company as I believe that's my best shot to get my foot in the door and gain experience and knowledge, but we will see. As you said Pete- not enough hours in the day!

• Good luck DayHiker I think its always more difficult to start the journey, you will come across a lot of stuff thats new in the CWNA and CCNA, from that its really adding depth of knowledge and as the other certs are more specific like CWSP focusing on security although yes there is still a lot to learn you are getting to a level where you have the basics and expanding. Although CWNA(or CWTS) and CCNA may be the first stepping stones you may be going from extremely limited knowledge to quite a reasonable level just with those certs.

Yeah when the kids are in bed and the dogs walked its time to study and after a week you are like a zombie! Sounds like you live in my house!

• The CWNA is definitely harder than the Cisco Wireless. The CWNA goes more in depth than Cisco and gives a better foundation.

Page 3 of 3