Forum

• I recently updated 2 Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 controllers to their latest firmware 9.3.0.0.87.

We have two WLANs - an open web-auth guest WLAN, and a secured WLAN for staff/students only that uses 802.1x-EAP (machine auth with cert.).

Prior to the update all clients would show an auth-method of ether "Web" or "EAP". I now have clients on the 802.1x WLAN showing an auth-mode of "CPMK".

This isn't an acronym I'm familiar with, and my google-fu appears lacking when searching for this term. The support forums over at Ruckus sound of crickets.

Any ideas?

• Have you tried talking to Ruckus directly, i.e. anything other than thru a forum ?

• If I had the ability to talk to an engineer, not a Tier 1 support rep I might try, but help desk call centers make me want to slash my wrists.

It's not a major concern, more of a curiosity, the users don't appear to be affected directly.

• Rob

I'm chatting with Ruckus just now. They want to know if you are seeing the CPMK on the ZD ( Zone Director ) ?

Dave

• Rob

Let me PM you and I'll send you the e-mail of the chap I'm chatting to.

Let us know the outcome.

Cheers

Dave

• Just sent it to you. Let me know if you receive it OK. Sometimes there are problems with the PM system.

Dave

• Dave,

Yes, seeing it on the 'Currently Active Clients' page on the ZD.

I'll fire off an email to the contact you sent.

Thanks,
    Rob

• Hello.
    CPMK simply means cached PMK. This was a feature request that was added in Version 9.3.

-Steve
    PS: I don't usually check these boards but I lurk here from time to time.

• Thanks Steve

Appreciate it.

Please feel free to arise from your domain of lurking and join in at any time.

Always impressed with the folks at Ruckus, re responses.

Dave

Page 1 of 1