Forum

• Hi all,

I am new to the CWNP program and would like to take the CWNA exam.Hope to know about how much time you need for preparing the exam on average, in order to arrange my schedule for it.
    Thanks in advance.

• Leeson

Unfortunately you can't really fix a time to obtaining the knowledge you need to pass this exam. It very much depends on your ability to understand WiFi and what experience or practice you have had or are currently having with WiFi technology.

As a word of advice I would give you these pointers.

• Obviously read the study guide. I did it twice and on the second pass made my own flash cards
    • Look at what the real objectives are for the exam and study to those, rather than trying to regurgitate what's written in the study guide. The exam tests how well you apply the knowledge you have gleamed from the book in some real word scenarios and applications of WiFi. 
    • Use as many sources of information about WiFi as you possibly can. The study guide is good but there are some great WiFi blogs out there that may help you to understand certain subjects better.
    • Finally try and get as much practice with real world WiFi as you can. Try and get hold of a spectrum analyser like "Chanalyser" and also something that will allow you to sniff and analyse WiFi  at packet level such as "Wireshark" and "EyePA". These tools will help you to see exactly how your wireless devices are interacting with each other and help you to build a deeper understanding of what's going over the air.

Good luck with the CWNA.

• Hi Skid,

The reason I asked the question, is to set up a deadline for the CWNA exam, and make schedule for reading study guide and practice. Maybe it is proper to set up deadline within 4~6 months?

Anyway, I will follow your advice and try hard on it.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 1