Forum

• Wireless Gurus,

While reading the exam objectives, I noticed (as is to be expected on a vender neutral exam) that very few specific software applications were mentioned. Clearly, a very solid understanding of the 802.11i standard is necessary, as well as an understanding of the various types of encryption, VPN technology, social engineering, security policies, etc.

I have been reading Wi-Foo: The Secrets of Wireless Security Hacking (among other things) in preparation for the CWSP exam, and have noticed that it almost exclusively focuses on linux tools and applications.

My question is this: what range of tools (linux, windows, mac) am I expected to have familiarity with for the exam? Which tools should I spend more time with than others?

Also, if I were to learn the tools and concepts described in Wi-Foo, the material in Matthew Gast's 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, and the 802.11i standard would I be well prepared for the exam?

I am using other resources (such as whitepapers and the old CWSP study guide), but if I were to use Wi-Foo: The Secrets of Wireless Hacking and 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide as my primary resources, would they prepare me for the exam?

Thanks!
    John

Page 1 of 1