Forum

• By (Deleted User)

802.11g standart suitable to use for outdoor applications like omni connected hot spots, point to multipoint wisp applications and far (15-20km) bridging applications? Does it stable?

• Hi mademirci: Long time since you posted this. Very stable. Have you any direct experience with outdoor ERP (802.11g) deployments? Thanks. /criss

• Hi! again mates...
    I'm gonna deploy wifi hotspot for a marina in my country. There are lots of wireless marinas but none of them are stable, only outside customers can connect if you go in yatches board there is no internet or you have choose the right place in the yatches board. I want to go on over this situation,want my wireless to be accessible everyplace in the marina even under the water :) Anyway i plan lots of things i'm gonna use 7 ap's geographically located in marina 3 of them use 8dbi omni 3 of them uses 12-18dbi selectable sector and one of them will use 15dbi omni. All of the system is connected to a switch so every ap has its ethernet connectivity. 15dbi master omni will work in only g mode and other 6 aps will work bg. I'm gonna use USR5450 for this job. They succedd most of my jobs, and with new firmware its even better. Will write sooooon...thanks... oooo i forgot :) after cwnacwsp in a few months cwap is coming. I learned loootssssssss offff from these books! Thanks going on this wireless industry...

• Hi! again mates...
    I'm gonna deploy wifi hotspot for a marina in my country. There are lots of wireless marinas but none of them are stable, only outside customers can connect if you go in yatches board there is no internet or you have choose the right place in the yatches board. I want to go on over this situation,want my wireless to be accessible everyplace in the marina even under the water :) Anyway i plan lots of things i'm gonna use 7 ap's geographically located in marina 3 of them use 8dbi omni 3 of them uses 12-18dbi selectable sector and one of them will use 15dbi omni. All of the system is connected to a switch so every ap has its ethernet connectivity. 15dbi master omni will work in only g mode and other 6 aps will work bg. I'm gonna use USR5450 for this job. They succedd most of my jobs, and with new firmware its even better. Will write sooooon...thanks... oooo i forgot :) after cwnacwsp in a few months cwap is coming. I learned loootssssssss offff from these books! Thanks going on this wireless industry...

Page 1 of 1