CWNA® - Certified Wireless Network Administrator
A strong foundation you can build upon.
Get a head start right out of the gate with a Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) certification. It is the base certification for Enterprise Wi-Fi within the CWNP family of certifications and a springboard toward earning your security, design, analysis and network expert certifications.
Do you have an understanding of the fundamentals of wireless technology? Do you know how WLAN work and how it’s managed day-to-day? Do you have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot and maintain wireless networks within small business or Enterprise deployments?
As the demand for wireless continues to grow, so does the need for certified network administrators.
What it takes to become a CWNA:
The CWNA certification is a foundational level wireless LAN certification for the CWNP Program. To earn a CWNA certification, you must take the CWNA exam at a Pearson Vue Testing Center and pass with a 70% or higher. Instructors must pass with a 80% or higher. However you choose to prepare for the CWNA exam, you should start with the exam objectives, which cover the full list of skills tested on the exam.
Main Areas Covered by CWNA:
- Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies
- Antenna Concepts
- Wireless LAN Hardware and Software
- Network Design, Installation, and Management
- Wireless Standards and Organizations
- 802.11 Network Architecture
- Wireless LAN Security
- How to Perform Site Surveys
CWNA Exam Summary:
Everything you need to prepare is right here:
- Official Self Study Kit (including a Study Guide, Practice Test and Exam Voucher)
- Live Training Class
Additional Study Help
- 802.11ac A Survival Guide - Matthew S. Gast - O'Reilly
- 802.11ac In-Depth Whitepaper: Aruba Network
- 802.11ac Whitepaper: Ruckus Wireless
- BYOD and Beyond Whitepaper: Aerohive Networks
- BYOD Whitepaper: Aruba Network
- BYOD Whitepaper: MTI's
We do not endorse any specific vendor methods of implementation; however, these vendor resources are exceptional in helping the student understand these new 802.11 and Wi-Fi technologies. Additionally, these resources are not directly tested against; however, they will teach you key concepts you must know to successfully answer questions related to 802.11ac and BYOD on the CWNA-106 exam.
Send us an email or call 1.919.230.8529.