Forum

• http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/columns/article.php/3447551

This Auto'ing of the AP's RF cells. I'm not sure I would want them to think for thm selves. It could open as many security holes as it would change a cell size and through RF out side farther than you want. Looks like they are getting in the CWSP labs. Is this a security thing or a CWAP thing..

Phil

• Hi Phil,

This is an administrative issue, addressed by CWNA. We have covered some of this information in the new CWNA study guide. We feel that this technology is important and worthwhile to take a good look at. We have spoken to Propagate Networks, and have some testing tools in hand. Very neat stuff.

Devinator

• Hi Devinator

That makes more sense!! And yes, more info in the cwna like this new autocell is great!! I just didn't think it would start in CWSP. That's what thye had. I hope you will pass along your findings to us that are not in the labs and studying the cwna. I will be taking the class over again in a yr or so. I think 3yrs is to recert is to long! This field is to new and changing to fast.

Thanks again, Maybe CWNP could have more in there news letter on stuff like this. Your peer group is getting bigger and I bet would like to be involved

Phil

Page 1 of 1