Forum

CWNA

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: April 22, 2005:
  • Greetings, I have been working in the wireless field for about 2 years now, I think I am savvy with it. I have 3a couple of questions I hope someone can answer. Has anyone taken the CWNP class sposered by global knowledge, if so how was it. Also is there good study materials for the cwna exam out there. I am looking into taking it. Was it a difficult exam. Most of my wireless experience has been with Cisco products.

• By (Deleted User)

Study Guide was the best, study it and know it inside out. Just knowing the study guide should be sufficient. I am sorry, but I didn't take the trainig prior to the CWNA, but probabally will before taking the CWSP or CWAP (due to the amount of hardware/software being covered).
    Cisco Wireless exams are similar, but not the same as the CWNA. I have taken the Cisco practice tests via Knowledgenet and they are more product specefic with their questions and are a little more current with questions they ask.
    If you plan on taking the CWNA v2.0, last date I saw to take this was 6/12/05. After this date v3.0 I believe will replace v2.0 and the v3.0 will be more comparable to Cisco's Wireless tests. Check here for V2.0 vs v3.0 info.

and

Kevin:
    1. Take an official class from an authorized partner, who employs only CWNT certified instructors.

2. Read the official Study Guide BEFORE you take the class, and again after you take the class.

3. Get the official Practice Tests. Don't memorize these questions, because you'll never see them on the real exam, but rather learn from them. Also, don't make the mistake of assuming that if you ace the practice exams, you'll ace the real exam. It isn't so.

4. Get some hands on experience with enterprise wireless LAN gear. Build a WLAN. Force something to go wrong with it. See what happens, then fix it. Then force something different to go wrong, and fix that.

There are no guarantees, but folks who have followed these steps, or pretty close to them, have done really well on CWNP exams. Folks who just self-study by reading the book usually only pass about half the time. Those who attend a class pass more than 80% of the time.

Good luck!

• Thank You so much!

Page 1 of 1