Forum

• Adaptive Radio Management is a dynamic feature to improve overall wireless performance and stability like auto adjustment of channel, transmit power,...etc of APs.

My question: if we enable this feature, should we still need to do a serious site survey, design the AP locations, control transmit power and channel reuse pattern, etc... ???

Can ARM really solve the situation: more than 5 layers of cell overlapping issue ?? I am doubt!!!

• Aruba Networks will "Sell" you the idea that you do not have to worry about a thing. ARM does do a fair job but I have noticed many funny things it has done.

Nothing is better to me than a real survey. It is best to know the RF environment you are going into and plan accordingly.

• Could you tell more the funny things that you noticed? Thanks!

• Strange channel selection. Strange AP transmit power levels.
    If two APs are installed in a hall and ARM is on, they might lower their power levels and then the clients in the rooms will get low signal. Bad locations choice also.

How are you determining optimal AP installation location?
    How are you determining AP count?
    Is the site big? If it is only going to be 5 or less you could probably get away with not doing a survey.
    Odds are it will "work" but how well it would work I differs with AP location and interference.

Proper planning is Key no matter if it is AP installation, network prep, or RF (Tx power, channel) planning.

Page 1 of 1