Forum

• By (Deleted User)

What is a ghost AP?

I do not think that term is used often, however, it probably refers to an access point that is hiding the SSID using null SSID beacons and probe response frames. The result is that the AP's SSID is "invisible" to clients and WLAN discovery tools but not to anyone with a protocol analyzer.

If Wi-Fi and interoperablity certi, then is it also a security solution (all the products are wifi if at least TKIP Question )

WPA or greater = minimum encryption of TKIP or better. Pre-WPA = no TKIP support. I suggest you go to the WI-Fi Alliance web site to learn more about the certifications:

www.wi-fi.org

What is the difference between WPA- "Personal" and "Enterprise"?

Personal = PSK Authentication for the SOHO market
    Enterprise = 802.1X/EAP Authentication for the Enterprise market

Again, I suggest:

www.wi-fi.org

If and Where? does WEP use a static key(same key)?
    Then, how does WPA use a dynamic key(unique key)?

WEP uses a static key as defined by the original 802.11 standard, however implementations of dynamic WEP keys are possible.

WPA/WPA2 uses dynamic keys. To learn how dynamic keys are created, download this white paper:

https://www.cwnp.com/learning_center/search_details.php?doc_id=duge

Can SSID be "null" -> 0-32 octects ? If yes then Edition 4 specifies 2-32 Charater, which is right?

Vendors allow for the configuration of null SSIDs, however it is a waste of time.

Page 1 of 1