Forum

Hmmm

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: December 9, 2006:
  • Could this stuff indicate the future of WIMAX!? It sure excites me.

http://www.csiro.au/csiro/content/standard/ps2kj.html

• By (Deleted User)

Yes good article. It is exciting. The progress in any wireless access system is good news. If there is ever a time to get certified, it is now. Being Wireless# (sharp-aware) is something that will give all of us an edge and keep us very competitive in the job market. Wireless PANs, LANs , MANs, WANs, "SPANs" (Space Area Networks) are going to revolutionize and enhance our future generations thirst for more mobility and access.

The RF technologies will only get better and better as knowledge increases. It is hard to keep up, but reading and staying connected is key.
    You can't know it all but you can be aware. We as certified individuals must be able to use the basics to stay competitive and employed.

What I personally see, in the future, are systems that utilize all these advancements in the RF space, coupled with advanced antenna systems. NASA and other global space-exploration groups, will be a big part of that advancement to support standards bodies like the IEEE, and IETF changes. "Space-Based" Wireless Access Systems that migrate all these technologies into intelligent networks, that can provide not only the QoS, but the bandwidth to support the terrestial links with our current architectures. The ability to shape and harness the RF to propagate the Data, Voice and Video with a mobile real-time presence is fascinating and not far fetched. I for one, am not as smart as all the expert EEs , scientist and wireless gurus to articulate the theoretical and analytical factors that will make it work.

Are you... Wireless# today?

Page 1 of 1