Forum

• Today I took a step out of the ordinary. I've been gobbling up Microsoft certifications for years now (MCSE, MCTSs, MCITPs, etc.) but finally broke out of the Redmond mold. What's more, it was a vendor neutral certification! I'm so proud. =)

I took my CWNA this morning after about two weeks of intense study using the Sybex book and the official CWNP practice exams. I also have experience with small wireless deployments as well as one enterprise deployment (a 3Com system with maybe a dozen access points at a public attraction about 4 years ago). I scored 78% so if I plan on being a trainer I'll have to retake it in the future. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the results. I definitely feel unworthy of the certification at this moment. Too many of the exam questions ended with me clicking next and just hoping. I could narrow a "Choose 2" question down to three possibilities, and a "Choose 3" question down to four. However, I wasn't as confident as I want to be.

I'll be taking a break next week to travel for a client, but when I get back I think I may re-read the Sybex book and re-take the practice exams. Then it's on to the CWDP or CWAP. The knowledge that I gained from studying for the CWNA is tremendous. I thought I knew a decent amount about wi-fi. Turns out I was thinking about it like it was 802.3 just over the air. Turns out I was wrong. Turns out I knew far less than I thought. =)

The humbling was good though. I hope to be further humbled by the P-level certs. In the mean time, if anyone needs a wireless consultant in the greater Phoenix Arizona area, let me know! =)

Wesley
    MCSE, MCITP:EA and now CWNA!!

• Congratulations.

But how did you skip any questions?

Just a while ago, the exam engine wouldn't have let you skip any.

• Hi Wlanman! I'm not sure I follow you. I didn't skip any questions on the official PW0-104 exam.

• By (Deleted User)

Congrats Wesley.

Wlanman & Nonapeptide, he didn't say he skipped questions. He said he narrowed it down to 2 or 3, closed his eyes and threw the dart. It happens.

• Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Again, congratulations !

Page 1 of 1