Forum

• Marc,

I don't believe the Symbols implement CCX features --my experience with the Fusion client is that it does not comply with any such enhancements. Look at all its requirements and you can see why (DTIM of 10, long preamble and low data rates). You'll need to turn your Tx power way down since these settings will cause their own performance problems. If this platform is all you are using you can get away with it, but these puppies spoil a lot of the WLANs performance features for much more current client hardware and software.

Symbol/Moto seriously needs to revamp their WLAN hardware and suppplicants - you can't event install another supplicant - its Fusion or nothing. From what I see they still implement power save polling, which causes them to go to sleep more often, get knocked off for inactivity, and reassociate, sleep, get kicked off, etc.

An issue I had with their MC70s was that since they don't tranmsit that often, the controllers were timing them out (dis-associating) based on interaction of controller ARP and Client Timeout settings. The workaround for that was to run a program on the handheld that periodically transmits data w/in these thresholds to keep this from happening.

Page 1 of 1