Forum

Passed, 90%

21 posts by 12 authors in: Forums > CWTS - Enterprise Wi-Fi Fundamentals
Last Post: March 23, 2006:
  • Wireless # is a good place to start...

If for nothing more than the interest, I'd say give it try.

• I agree on Wireless# - hand-in-hand. Glad to have the Intro to Wireless class and studying the Wireless# on the side pluse reading the CWNA study guide. Whew! More reading than I have done in a long time but great information.

• CWNA is focused on Wi-Fi networks and drills down very deeply, while Wireless# covers many wireless technologies, but doesn't drill down nearly as far.

If you plan to have a career in wireless networking, definately plan to pursue the CWNA. CWNA is very difficult and takes a serious committment. If you would like to "ramp up" to the CWNA, Wireless# will give you a good start, and doesn't require the same level of committment (though it does require some study!)

Wireless# is also a great program for those trying to decide if wireless networking is really a field they might want to get into.

You might compare Wireless# to A+ or N+ while CWNA is more like CCNA (but more challenging!) Hope this helps.

• Hello,

I have a question. I got the CWNA book and you ( intensified ) mention to read the chapters of Bluetooth, Zigbee and RFID on it for the Wireless# cert., is it really the way ? I also got the Mega Guide that i am about to finish, however the only hands on i have is my home wireless g routes from D-link/Netgear/Linksys ? Is there any wireless simulator we could use to study as well ?

• By (Deleted User)

You won't find much on zigbee, bluetooth, or RFID in CWNA Study Guide. Use that to cover Wi-Fi, and the Mega Guide for the rest, and then the practice tests to see where your knowledge is weakest.

• Interesting.

I would like intensified opinnion because at his first post. He says different.

However , i will look into the CWNA guide to study more and as reference to the W#

thanks

• I don't see where intensified said any such thing? From what I can see, the first post in this thread says if you already have your CWNA (as in the certification, not the book), then read up on Bluetooth, rfid, etc. to pass the test

• actually he says "if you have CWNA..." which can be both either the certification or the book.

however i will surely take a look at it and see how it goes.

• To clarify, I wouldn't have passed the W# had I not had the experience of the CWNA cert. It gave the fundamental RF knowledge and 802.11 stuff I needed to study the other technologies. My statement was, if you already have CWNA (I meant the cert) read the notes and go take the test. I didn't mean to imply by any stretch that it was a walk in the park, but if you have CWNA you should be able to brush up on the other technologies and pass the W#. I suggested using the couple of spreadsheets I used and researching WiMAX, RFID, Bluetooth, and IrDA. I can't remember much info on those specific technologies in the CWNA text.

• Now, i understood. Sorry i haven;t understand in the first place.

Thanks guys,

Page 2 of 3