Forum

Please suggest!!

7 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: June 7, 2005:
  • Hello everyone,

I am new to the networking field and I wanted to pursue my career in this field. I am unable to decide whether i need to take CCNA or CWNA. Yes, CCNA is just networking & CWNA is all about wireless. What is the correct sequence to take these exams? What if I take both the exams simulatneously?

Please help.

Thanks,

• Hi Ikram:

I vote for CCNA.

I hope this helps. Can you add your location to your forum profile? Thanks. /criss

• By (Deleted User)

I think it depends on wat you want to do and your market.

The CCNA will give a good foundation in networking, however in the UK its hard to get a serious networking role without a CCNP, which I am just starting to study.

The CWNA will allow you to get into the wireless market however again in the UK I don't see a huge demand for it as most wireless implementations I feel are rolled out by network guys who may not understand wireless. I think that will change.

Personnally I'd go for CCNA as its a Cisco cert it has a great deal of kudos in the market then the CWNA. I intend getting my CCNP at the same time as the CWNA which I hope to sit in the next few weeks. Just got a few of the tougher subject areas to get my head around.

• in todays competitive world i believe u need both of them.. then u hav to decide which one u want to achieve first...

hth

• Thanks for giving ur valuable suggestions.... I was also thinking of going for CCNA first... and then CWNA... anyways, appreciate ur inputs...

• yes, take the ccna first. it will give you information and understanding that will help you with wireless.

and do get both.

also check to see what your current/potential employer is using and find something that compliments.

many vendors have cert tracks now for their own equipment.

• CCNA is a must. It would be a little weird having CWNA and not CCNA (or at least equivilant knowledge).

Just a warning...the CCNA test has become very difficult. So, while you may know your stuff very well, you still may have trouble passing. But, by all means, go for it.

Page 1 of 1