Forum

• Hi all,

I'm looking for an equipment recommendation for a building-to-building wireless connection. My client already has 4-year old Hopper 120-24 bridge link between the buildings which are about 200 feet apart (across the street from each other). The Hopper 120-24 is rated at 12Mbps with an effective rate of 8Mbps. I tested the link at about 3Mbps effective rate. I would like to reuse the existing antennas and wire, but wish to upgrade the link speed. The antennas are designed for 2.4GHz ISM band and cable is 50 Ohm. Their hardware budget is about $750.

I would like the link to be secure (not WEP). They are also using the link for VoiP, so QoS is desirable.

I've looked at the DWL-2110AP but it doesn't have good security.

Any suggestions??

• By (Deleted User)

http://www.milan.com/wireless/shair_accessg-pro.html

Check out this enterprise class AP /bridge if you need an alternative to Cisco's bridges.

Hope this helps.

• Thank you very much! The product looks great. I've reviewed the online manual and love the features.

Trouble is, I can't find it for sale. Ingram doesn't stock it, nor does CDW or Buy.com, and pricegrabber.com doesn't list it anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Dettloff

Page 1 of 1