Forum

• I read some articles about the interference between bluetooth and wifi. Some says it can cause a big trouble, some says the impact is little. I guess the difference depends on the time the articles were published when the techniques might be different at different time.

I have a customer using both wifi and bluetooth at their site. They have around 30 handhelds and 20 bluetooth printers in an area around 10,000 sqft. So far they do not have any problem but they may have to double their handhelds and the printers. The area may be expanded, but there are many times they work pretty much near to each other.

I would appreciate a lot if you can share your experience about this.

Thanks,

Vu

• By (Deleted User)

Bluetooth's RF output is relatively small and usually doesn't interfere with Wi-Fi, at least from my experience. But in an environment where there's a ton of bluetooth device, there might be a cumulative effect large enough to have a detrimental effect on your Wi-Fi network. What you'd need to do, most likely, is use a spectrum analyzer to figure out how much 2.4GHz interference currently exists and then extrapolate that to determine what adding a lot more bluetooth devices would cause.

Joel

• Thanks a lot, Joel.

Vu

Page 1 of 1