Forum

• A bridge in the middle will work well, but don't use an omni antenna. The correct way to set that up is to use a Y splitter and two highly directional antennas. As Mr. Senthilraj said, you don't want any higher of a "footprint" than is necessary.

Using the wrong antennas has two negative effects. One, is that you are creating more RF interference for others and the other is that you are receiving more interference that is necessary. Two 15dbi directional grid antennas should do the trick. You can find the splitter at:

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/signal_splitters_2400_2way.php

You can find the antennas and cables you need at www.wlanparts.com. Give Frank a call if you have any questions. He is a great help.

This is off the top of my head, but you will probably need one RP-TNC male (Bridge side) to an N-Male (Splitter) cable and two N-Male to N-Female cables for the directional antennas. Again, verify this before purchase but I think this is the ticket. If you haven't ever set up outdoor wireless, let me know and I'll give some tips on sealing the connections, or just do some Google searching. Oh, you will want some weatherproof boxes if you get bridges that aren't designed for outdoor use. Temperature is also a concern.

What brand devices do you plan on using? Just curious. Let us know what we can do.

Page 1 of 1