Forum

• Has anyone ever tried one of these units from Linksys or DLINK. I have an application to use one? Here in Toronto the EVDO network can run close to 700 kbits/second (propaganda from providers of course). This would be very usefull in a construction site.

Just hoping to get feedback on usability. I am planning on using it to demo some products when no networks are availalble.

Thanks in advanced.

Tim aka Darth802

• By (Deleted User)

Hi darth802,

Yes, I have utilized the Dlink-Kyocera version of the EVDO-Wifi Router and it does work. However you must take in to consideration bandwidth usage and the End User License Agreement(EULA) of the service provider. In Canada ,your provider may be a bit more at ease than in the US on bandwidth consumption with multiple users aggregating over the broadband connection.

I also for the purpose of overcoming coverage issues recommend a higher gain omni directional antenna to boost the coverage area on the construction site.

Please take a look at this forth coming mobility solution, it is sure to make some waves when released. I am not affiliated with this vendor.

http://www.goautonet.com/wp/

Page 1 of 1