Forum

• Hello,

I continuos go to the website once in a while to check the objectives of CWNA. I found out that the part where there was the soup letter is gone and that the part about Physical Layer and Security has a lot more to study....

My question is : What happaned ? No previous advice ? How come ?

let us know,

• Hi batjedi,

These changes were based on the fact that the 802.11 standard will be updated from -1999 to -2007 in approximately May of this year (as a published, ratified document). All ratified amendments and supplements (802.11a, b, g, h, i, etc) will be obsolete on the day that the new 802.11-2007 standard is ratified. In preparation for this, we have begun using an Exam Terms document (posted on the website) to explain the Physical and MAC layer terminology in some detail. We now refer to the PHYs by name rather than the amendment which introduced them. For example, we refer to OFDM rather than 802.11a. The reason for this is that some amendments have support for multiple PHYs (like 8011.g).

The added security measures that have been included are due to changes in the average WLAN administrator's job functions. Any WLAN administrator that doesn't secure WLANs won't have a job for long. :-)

Hope this helps,

Devinator

• I highly disagree with that policy, if that is going to happen on May or in July, there should be an advertisement that the obejectives are going to change again in May or in July, otherwise people are following objectives that are mistaken. In addition the security part added is part of the CWSP objectives, no where to be found in either the CWNA Official or Sybex guides.

Therefore it could happen i sat an exam few days ago and wasnt aware obejectives were changed again and failed because i did not know of the changes.

It is not my case, but i was studing based on the objectives and now i had to take a book based on deep knowledge of 802.11i.

that's my opinion,

• By (Deleted User)

It happened LAST fall. We advertised it heavily starting in mid-August on these forums, on the CWNA pages on cwnp.com, and in the CWNP Newsletter. Again, the changes to the CWNA exam, objectives, and practice test questions are already in place, and have been since last fall.

CWSP is undergoing a similar MINOR revision effective April 16, 2007:

http://www.cwnp.com/cwsp/index.html

• Those were from Oct 30th.....as advertised.

I want to know about March 2007, were them advertised ?

Are the ones in next May be advertised or will it change again soon ?

I want to know because i am studying for the exam...

Page 1 of 1