Forum

• I've got an interesting interference problem in a marine area, and I was hoping to get some feedback on it.

Every week or so, something evil on 2.4 GHz comes through and drastically raises the noise floor for about a day (an analysis showed me like -50 dBm), thus knocking off everyone in the boat dock area who is using that AP on that channel (it seems to be a different channel each time)

I was thinking about the following type of solution and wanted to get some feedback:

--on each dock (9 total), have two dual radios
    --mesh them on an available 5.8 GHz channel (this band is not currently a problem)
    --put in a 2.4 GHz panel antenna on each end (maybe a 19 dBi one that gives, say, a 30 degree X 30 degree beam coverage). 7 dBm + 19 dBi = 36 dBm EIRP for ISM band in U.S.
    --have panels on each radio pointing in towards the middle dock area (boats in the middle would have redundant coverage. Boats on the far edge would likely only be covered by the distant AP)
    --cover each dock with two channels, so if one channel is down, another one is an option (or possibly the same channel on a different polarization)
    --possibly use band filters (assuming I know which band is the problem child)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1