Forum

• Hi

i have AP N this have all update and firmware it works very fine for a while and suddenly begins to give problems like disconnet from the network and showme limited or not connected with a yellow simbol i click Repair too many times. other times i have access to all recourses but not to the internet. the wireless card is a standard belkin N w/chipset rt2770f and only connet to 65mb
    i used WEP, WPA, WPA2 and have the same problem.

• Look for newer firmware and if available install it on both the station and the AP.

• have last update AP and Station

• You might also want to check 'behind' the Access Point for a problem.

If you can continue to connect with the Access Point, get to the APs configuration page, etc. Then it's not a 'wireless' problem.

I've seen many times where the DSL or Cable modem flakes out and stops giving DHCP addresses or looses connection to the Internet. The AP still functioning properly.

So recheck to see if it is a wireless, or wired side issue.

• i have a T1 with Cisco router i check the log and never lost connection and dont have this problem with the Pc connected by ethernet cable.

i dont say the brand of my AP because a keep neutral.

• lmgpr7 Escribi?3:

i have a T1 with Cisco router i check the log and never lost connection and dont have this problem with the Pc connected by ethernet cable.

i dont say the brand of my AP because a keep neutral.

The unfortunate part is that at this early stage, the implementation of the 802.11n standard is vendor and even firmware-dependent on both AP AND client side. Packet capture (could be challenging on 802.11n) may get you to the bottom of this.

Page 1 of 1