Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Hallo guys.
    Cn you recomend a tool that allows me to record the signal stength and other parameters of WiFi clients in the same fashion as I can view Active APs with for example Visistumbler. Of course APs sends out beacons taht can be used for thos but clients do not so I have to be sure that they are sending some traffic.

I like to compare different clients at the same time without the need to check stats in controllers, APs etc for asscoiated clients.

BR Martin

• Personally, I do those kinds of tests using an Anritsu MT8860x WLAN Test Set, but for field testing try looking at Fluke, or even Wi-Spy. I'm sure others will have their favorites

Just remember, that signal strengths over different channels will vary by some amount - maybe several dB.

Manufacturers don't usually tell you these things, but after hundreds of hours of testing, I can atest to it.

You will find that Sensitivity, not Power output, is a much more important factor.

• By (Deleted User)

What I will will be doing is coparing two clients from different products line to try to understand teh different behavor. I do not hae access to the sensitivity data so I am trying to measure power levels, MCS value and cverage areas, roamings distance etc.

I need a way to visaulise those kind of values on a man made map.

• I like using Insidder from Metageek.net.

Page 1 of 1