Forum

• Hello All,

I?ve been working in the IT field for 10 years now doing mostly desktop/ user level support. I?m looking to take my career to the next level.

What I would like to know is how can I get my foot in the door as a Wireless Engineer. I?ve already passed my CWNA exam. And I?m looking forward to taking the CWSP exam.

Any advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

• See if you can find a local business performing Site Surveys and see if they need a part time assistant. Volunteer if you have to, but get some experience with that if you can. A hospital survey would be the best experience.

• I would make friends with your network manager and tell him that you're eager to help him on wireless issues. If there are wireless equipment laying around then read the manual and play with them. Usually, managers like eager people and are willing to delegate responsibility to other people like yourself if they know that you're trustworthy. On the other hand, there are those that are too controlling. Stay away from those people and follow wlanman's advice.

You can always buy a consumer grade AP and then conduct a wireless survey using inssider at a small business. Do spot check readings and record the s/n ratios on the map while setting everything up.

Page 1 of 1