Forum

• By (Deleted User)

I have probably taught more CWAP classes than every other CWNT combined. As you know, it's my favorite CWNP class to teach by far. I see far more interest in getting certified from students BEFORE we start class than I do afterwards. I know that is just the nature of difficult certifications in general, but I really get a sense that students recoil at the notion of having to spend so much time studying on topics like DSSS-OFDM that will almost certainly NEVER leave the world of paper theory.

Please Elaborate!

• DSSS-OFDM is specified in the 802.11g amendment, but not used by any vendor. Given that 802.11g has been out since 2003, in my opinion it's unlikely that DSSS-OFDM will ever be used by vendors. Therefore, any comparison of an 802.11b/g mixed environment using DSSS-OFDM (vs. the Protection Mechanism) is strictly paper theory.

I understand the point of view from CWNP that anything in the standard is fair game because it could potentially be part of wireless equipment. I just disagree with including it on the certification test.

Page 1 of 1