Forum

• I have SpectraLink phones on my wireless LAN of which issues have been happening for the last couple of weeks (dropped calls). The following is a list of equipment:
    - NetLink Wireless Phones
    - SpectraLink SVP & Gateway
    - Cisco 1231's

So far the wireless for the laptops and handhelds has been working with no issues it's mainly on the WVoIP side. I have taken a spectrum analysis and there doesn't seem to be any interference that causing issues. The WVoIP is running on a seperate VLAN using WEP.

Does anyone have some troubleshooting methods with SpectraLink phones?? thanks, ja

• By (Deleted User)

Have you enabled IP protocol 119 for Spectralink QOS on the AP? Spectralink QOS has been supported for a long time on Cisco APs altough the terminology has changed due to WMM QOS implmentation (which is now on by default in newer versions of Cisco AP IOS). If you've recently done an upgrade you may have implemented WMM QOS without knowing it and that might be affecting your Spectralink phones. Check here for information on properly configuring newer IOS for Spectralink phones and their QOS (which is different from WMM QOS):

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804e7d2d.html

If that still doesn't resolve it, open a Cisco TAC case and get them to assist.

Joel

• Thanks Joel for your comments.....

Page 1 of 1