Forum

• By (Deleted User)

When it comes to VoWiFi , I would not endorse it quickly. Plus a DAS can't at this moment support 802.11n , so the scalability issues are larger. If there is evidence otherwise I welcome the new info.

I would want a DAS to support the N (MiMo) with WiFi.

I have extensively in the past worked with the MobileAccess DAS. They they now under Cisco's guidance can do VoDAS , but this with the 1 to 1 antenna to coupler/antenna (MA-860) design module. This will work and give you the design that you need but prepare to spend $$$$$. If the customer rather go with a in the closet AP approach. I say go for it! I would like to be on that project. I would do a Hybrid design and use the MA860 in aras that capacity was not needed only.

http://www.mobileaccess.com/products-services/detail/ma-860

Bottom line, it is more cost effective to use a DAS for cellular enhancement opposed to WiFi.

I say pull UTP cat6 to multiple spots and pop in the access point or lessen that with indoor mesh.

Leaky coax has some value as long as the interference variables noise issuses are tackled up front. Use it underground or if fire code allows in elevatgor shafts. Hardset the AP channels andplace it on a low power setting so not to interfer with other channels in multi-story buildings with WiFi.

There are other DAS vendors that do a tap in the coax or WiFi and practice the Meru SCA. It may work , haven't seen it in operation but would love to hear the reports.

This is just my opinion:

Hope this helps...

Page 1 of 1