Forum

• I currently have a Cisco controller based WLAN deployment along with a Cisco CAS/CAM Guest infrastructure.  Management has asked me to start investigating other vendors and try a test deployment at some minor sites(currently Xirrus and Aruba are on the table).  This isn't an issue for the WLANs that I'm able to drop L3 off locally at each site but this proves a major challenge for the guest network.  Currently I have a pair of WLC controllers set up as anchors for the guest VLAN, any remote controllers just have an anchor tunnel to this pair setup and they tunnel all guest traffic accross the network using Cisco's own secure EoIP and drop it off locally at the guest VLAN. 

The problem with this design is that the controller EoIP anchor design is Cisco proprietary.  I've been looking into L2TPv3 to try and extend the guest VLAN to these remote sites using a Cisco router or ASA but haven't found anyone else who's tried this.  Can anyone offer me some advice on how I can extend our guest infrastructure to support multiple vendors without making any major changes to what's already in place?

Thanks,

Chalky

Page 1 of 1