Forum

• I passed! That was hard!

• I am so glad to have this monkey off my back. 4 months of studying finally paid off.

CWSP here I come!

• By (Deleted User)

Well done!! Yes, CWDP [i]is[/i] a [i]very[/i] difficult exam. Then again, so is CWSP. :-)

Congratulations!

• I am up for the challenge!

• Sean,

Congratulations !!!

What was the hardest part? The way the questions were presented, or the concepts involved? Is the online practice test representative of the real question layouts?

I found the practice CWDP test questions to be (much) more involved than the other CWNP exams.

Again - congratulations. Now give yourself a good reward.

• My reward is the CWSP book downloaded from ibooks onto IPAD! lol.

The sections that I did the worst in were 802.11 Security and Design Troubleshooting. Oddly enough the next certs cover security and analysis lol.

The online practice exam was pretty accurate. The only problem is that there is still only one pool. After using it once, it is pretty much useless because I memorized the answers. I suggest waiting until the very end of your studies then take the practice exam.

Be aware, the questions are in depth and very lengthy. As with most of these tests, the key is to look for the one word or words that make the other 3 choses false.

One hard subject that is in the test a good bit is Qos markings. DSCP, UP and so on. You will need to know what 802.11 frames look like and where to find the Qos marking and how they relate from Mac header to IP header. This portion I was not familiar because of my lack of packet analysis experience.

What about the CWSP? Should I do alright if I know the book? I know with the CWDP, you need to know more that what is in the book.

• I would say [b]no[/b], you need much more. Whitepapers, vendor docs, etc.

I would recommend: [u]Real 802.11Security[/u] by Edney and Arbaugh, and [u]Implementing 802.1x Security Solutions[/u] by Jim Geier.

I definitely would not have passed the CWSP without the latter one.

I also have problems with memorizing the answers. The only solution to that I have found is to find more questions to take, even if that means chapter questions etc. I also try to study up on questions that I get wrong before I take the test again. In this mode, I do not use the "explain after every ... " setting in the exam. It's tough when there is only one Practice exam. Luckily, I am taking the CWAP class in November.

• Thanks for the advice. GET STUDIED UP! CWAP looks fun, but hard.

• By (Deleted User)

[quote]CWAP looks fun, but hard.[/quote]

If it were easy, anyone could do it. CWAP is a buggar, but once you master the frame and spectrum, you are a deadly asset on any WLAN install.

• Like y'all say on here. The packets do not lie. If you can read the packets, you know exactly what is going on.

I really want to attend the CWAP training with the 40 or so labs. Is this going to be in Atlanta?

Page 1 of 2