Forum

• By BrRitchie78 - edited: July 17, 2012

After a month of study...I was able to pass the CWDP today with a 73%...using every last second. I would have to say that this was one of the harder tests i have ever taken compared to other vendors. Very well put together, and really tested your knowledge to the limits.

For me, the official book proved excellent for researching topics, but was a bit overwhelming. I had to search around google to find relevant white papers that went more in depth as well and studied any reference papers in the book. For anyone who has NO experience with Wireless, these certs will be tough, but isn't that what we want?

Key points to keep in mind: Read the questions carefully, and make sure you understand whats being asked before you begin to answer as the other answers in the questions can easily lead you astray. Other than that, you have to know the topics and the details. I would recommend at least CCNA experience to understand how the wired network and wifi networks mesh, otherwise you will be in the dark.

I also learned how to study from failing the exam...don't know if you may want to try that route...but make sure if you do fail, to quickly make notes on areas that you were tested on and the type of answers they are looking for.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, I am here to help. Good luck to everyone, and after all the work put into the CWDP, I mine as well finish all the CWNP certs before doing the Cisco ones.

Im open to suggestions on whats the next best exam to do after the CWDP...

Brian Ritchie
    CWNA, CWDP, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, CTT, MCT, Sharepoint 2010, etc.

• By (Deleted User) - edited: July 17, 2012

[quote]I would have to say that this was one of the harder tests i have ever taken compared to other vendors. Very well put together, and really tested your knowledge to the limits...For anyone who has NO experience with Wireless, these certs will be tough, but isn't that what we want?[/quote]

NICE! Well done, congratulations, and thanks for sharing your CWDP experience!

Page 1 of 1