Forum

• Does anybody know which certificate show your ability in microwave ?
    most of jobs in Telecommunication esp inmobile phone , High capacity radio ...
    ask for a good knowladge in microwave . is CWNA sufficient for this purpose ?

• Not in my opinion - although you might be able to dazzle people with your fast conversions between dBm and milliwatts. The coverage is much better than other wireless exams, like Cisco for example. The CWNA does get into antenna types, and their RF patterns, but not really that much talk about the peculiarities of Dish antennas. Calculating path loss, and allotting for earth bulge is covered decently for a Wi-Fi person.

I was impressed by the number of design issues discussed in the CWDP book.

There are some excellent books discussing OFDM and DSSS modulation used in Wi-Fi gear. The IEEE has their own Certification for wireless whch covers Wi-Fi and much more. One of the Ham Radio licenses used to have a microwave endorsement, but I don't know if any still do.

Satellite communications people are big into microwave.

There several good references dealing with microwave mentioned in posts and blogs on this site, but I'm short on time at the moment so you'll have to search for yourself.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Start by searching for posts by Dave1234. He made many posts that covered Satellite comms.

• [quote]One of the Ham Radio licenses used to have a microwave endorsement, but I don't know if any still do.[/quote]

all American ham radio licenses give license holders full privileges from 50 mHz up

• As I remember, there was more to it than just access.

And even today it's not quite as simple as 50 MHZ and up. That's either simplistic or silly depending on how you look at it.

There are designated Ham bands, AND there are other various frequency ranges that ONLY designated people/businesses can use.

Just as example, try to use the frequency band just below Wi-Fi for terrestrial communications. Satellite people and the FCC will come down on you hard.

• My mistake. That was a RADAR (microwave) endorsement.

And band restrictions still exist.

• Congratulations. You found something you could misinterpret to start an argument. That ceased to be important to me 40 years ago. but if it makes your day...

all American ham radio licenses give license holders full privileges WITHIN THOSE SEGMENTS OF THE RF SPECTRUM AUTHORIZED TO AMERICAN RADIO AMATEURS from 50 mHz up.

• It seems to me that you are the one that started a disagreement by posting an incomplete reply.

I was only trying to be as clear and precise as possible.

Some facts may have been immaterial to you for the last 40 years, but not every reader of this Forum has all that experience.

Sorry if I offended you. It was not my intent.

Page 1 of 1