Forum

• I currently own the CWNA-107 Study Guide book.  Can it be used to study for the CWT-100 exam?

Francis

• By Howard - edited: December 11, 2017

Looking at the official objectives of both, it seems that the CWT is more heavily based on the how, as opposed to the why   (which was the plan of course).

There is a lot of overlap (in subject matter, not depth).    For example, in the first two sections of the CWT objectives, RF signals and their behaviors are covered.    Point-by-point, these are also in the CWNA objectives.

I'm not sure exactly what is on the test, but if I were taking it I would want experience configuring devices from multiple O/S's and device types, especially windows, Apple ,Linux, tablets and mobile phones (including Android).   It wouldn't hurt to know how to configure an AP or two either. 

MDM, APNS, and GCM are all likely abbreviations for you to understand.

I would definitely want to know the rationale behind DFS channels and the restrictions on them.   Know the basics of how to aim a directional antenna.   Understand attenuation in cables and connectors.   

I don't see anything covering it, but it might be good to be able to identify the the different U.FL, SMA,  RP-SMA, N, BNC, and RP-TNC connectors.

One of the biggest set of problems I personally see is customers having trouble with their DHCP configurations, so I'd recommend you understand that, and the trouble indicators peculiar to it.    Even if it's not on the test, it won't hurt you to be familiar with them - especially problems caused by no or slow, or multiple DHCP responses.

I can guarantee you that it is always better to Study to the Official Objectives rather than rely solely on one book or practice test.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best of luck.

• No, that was very helpful.  I will outline the objectives and focus on learning them.  I'll probably need to use resources from at least a few different places.  Thanks for your reply.

F

• By Howard - edited: December 11, 2017

You're welcome.

Definitely yes to the multiple resources.

• Yes, it turned out to be very useful.

Page 1 of 1