Forum

Passed CWNA!

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: July 26, 2019:
  • I passed my CWNA yesterday, eeking by with a 73%.

Thanks to everyone who contributes on here, I would not have been able to pass without the help. Overview of my strategy below:

- Started studying in April 2018. Studied on and off since.
    - Read CWNP Official Study Guide twice and half of the Sybex CWNA book (plan on finishing).
    - There's LOADS of info online, I made a CWNA bookmark folder with my favorite sites and visited regularly. Be careful though, this can end up taking up a lot of your time. Stick to your books first.
    - Podcasts. You may not always find the exact topic you want but tuning in to Clear to Send and similar pods on a weekly basis helped out a lot. I like to listen while on the treadmill on Saturday mornings. By committing to this I got 50-70mins per week of wireless info.
    - Practice tests. Invaluable. A must have.
    - Extra. Try and find extra ways to reinforce 802.11 info every day. One thing I did was change my chrome home page to CWNP's QOTD. So every time I got online that was the first thing I saw.

Overall the experience was great. The exam really does a good job of making you learn vs. memorizing to pass.

• Congratulations !

and thank you for posting your method and suggestions.

• Thanks man. Much appreciated. Thanks for all your contributions on the forum.

• You are very welcome.

I'd like to add that your suggestion to use the CWNP QotD link for your home page, is a good one.

I did that for years, in the past, but had stopped doing it when the QotD page was broken for an extended time.   I've reset it once again.

Thank you.

• Thanks. Just studying the answers to the Questions of The Day and the practice tests were probably more of a help than the questions themselves. The answers are all pretty well written and give you further explanation than just the correct answer. The answers go over the incorrect answers and explain them in detail as well. I honestly think that may be the most helpful.

Page 1 of 1