Forum

• I'm up to averaging about 92% on all 4 test pools. Should I be totally confident to take the test now? If not what tips can anyone give to me? Also, I noticed that "Security Design and Architecture" and "Security Policy" seem to be reversed on the practice test in terms of weight as compared to the exam objectives. Exam objectives for actual exam state that Design and Architecture are 50% and Policy should be 5%. However on the practice test most of the questions are under the Policy category and very few under Design and Architecture. Does anyone know why this is?

• Correct.....I also observed same.

• By (Deleted User)

Generally, because you can take as many practice tests as you like, take them in your PJs over and over, memorize questions and sometimes answers, and have no time pressure, you'll score ~15 points higher on the practice tests than you will on the certification exam. That's a good rule of thumb.

Also know this: the CWSP exam is [b]very, very difficult[/b]. Know your stuff before you take it.

• By (Deleted User)

Generally, because you can take as many practice tests as you like, take them in your PJs over and over, memorize questions and sometimes answers, and have no time pressure, you'll score ~15 points higher on the practice tests than you will on the certification exam. That's a good rule of thumb.

Also know this: the CWSP exam is [b]very, very difficult[/b]. Know your stuff before you take it.

• Its not just the overall percent. It's your understanding of every [u]category[/u] you should be concerned with.

Unfortunately the practice test questions are not taken from an infinitely sized pool. So, just because you can answer the few questions shown in one of the smaller categories, doesn't mean you understand that particular section that well.

As I always try to stress, start with the test objectives. How comfortable do you REALLY feel with each topic listed there?

The practice test gives you a good feel for the way the test questions are written, but not necessarily all of the content.

Start, and finish, with the objectives.

• By (Deleted User)

[quote]Start, and finish, with the exam objectives.[/quote]

Amen belongs here.

• Kevin, Wlanman agree that if your knowledge of the exam objectives is above a passing mark then you?ll do fine. My only complaint and it?s not just with CWNP, but other certifications as well, is that it seems to me just as important on most questions to be able to filter out the real question from the question; meaning that I feel more and more that test scores are more related to a test-taker?s English comprehension and less about their technical knowledge. It?s not that I felt that the CWNP tests were unfair or disparate from the test objective point of view, just man they were tough! In a former life was a US submarine sailor and went through the revised sonarman training, I?m 1 of 27 guys in a class where the average ASVAB score is 80, and all but 4 guys pass the 3rd week test, and 2 of the guys that pass are on ?mando study? until the next test. Let?s just say that this test covered every sonar pub written except intel and maintenance manuals, A LOT OF MATERIEL; but you gotta understand that I was young and had much better things to do then study so I passed the test with an 87.5; I wish my CWNP scores were that good!

• I think that when you are getting into the higher level certs away from CWNA and moving to CWSP etc then you should also be developing experience, sometimes you will know what is wrong from experience.

I still dont have the hours I need to focus on the exams but I have read the CWSP at least once cover to cover and UMMMM I know its lame but one of the best books I have read, ever, sad I know should get out more. However it made alot of things I thought I knew more real and filled alot of gaps.

I think my biggest challenge will be the CWAP as thats not what I do a great deal of and again thats taking my knowledge to another level. More toys to play with.

I appreciate having English as a second lamguage, or understanding the comprehension of questions may make it more difficult for some candidates but its really worth it, not sure if CWNP offers extended exam time for those whose primary language is not English.

With practice tests its shouldnt be just take the tests until you get a good score but use them to analyse your knowledge gaps. Its a time to be critical of oneself to look where you need to study up rather than recognising questions from a previous attempt.

If you are hitting 90%+ and you have done this then I guess you are at least ready to try.

• Kerberos and TACACS authentication related questions are in practice test...even both are not under exam objectives. I believe question will not be asked related to both in real exam.

• Another thing that many many people do not realise is that to become a real expert you may need to read more widely than just the CWNP material, if the subject of wireless trully enthralls you as it does me when you come across questions like this even though I do not fully understand Kerberos or TACACS I have deployed TACACS authentication for hardware components.

Dig deeper and grow your knowledge and skills.

Learning is a journey not a destination!

Page 1 of 2