Forum

• Passed the CWDP yesterday.  I really did not think it was as hard as the CWNA or CWSP. 

Looks like the only question I missed was in the "Infrastructure Design and Network Services" category, which is about right. 

Most people, it seems, have a solid network background, and then have to learn the RF and"radio" side of things... whereas my background is just the opposite. 

I came from many years of RF, Long Haul Radio, Propagation background and have had to learn some of the switch, router and network side of things. So that's always been my weak side.

• Congratulations Dennis!  Well done. How did you prep for CWDP, and what's next?

• By Dennis - edited: July 29, 2012

I primarily used  the Study Guide... read it in detail, used the Review Material at the end of each section... and the CD that came with it. t

I had thought I would need the on-line practice exams, but after reading the study guide and the CD, never actually used them.

A lot of the material is stuff I've been doing in the field so it wasn't unfamiliar territory.  Site surveys, EIRP, setting up VLANs, AAA,  troubleshooting, etc.

Where I had to focus studying was on "theoretical" material, which isn't used in the field.... like chip rates... and we've not used any 40MHz channels so far, so I had to study that closer...

I actually did not find the test all that hard.  The CWNA, dealing with the network aspects,  was much more challenging, at least for me

• One item about the test I found somewhat irritating....

I won't revel the material, but there was one question that had several different scenarios, and you had to pick which scenarios was correct.

The exhibit had several tabs, and each tab had 8 or so items in it....  it would have been much easier to have all the tabs side-by-side to compare all the different steps involved..  but instead you have to go back and forth between tabs comparing all the steps.  It made it much more difficult than it needed to be.

I just used the writing tablet they provided, and sort of "short handed" each tab in writing, and then compared them.  I guess it worked, 'cause I'm pretty sure I got that one correct

Page 1 of 1