Forum

• Hi y'all and especiallty GT Hill,

GT Sorry I took so long, but I have been working like a dog. Listen guys GT is a good instructor; it was a great class, enjoyed every bit of it. My project is finally over, and this is how it happened.

The project was easier than first planned. They actually wanted a separate unsecured temporary wireless network in two rooms in the center of the building. I unhook the two rooms from my backbone and put them on a DSL circuit leading out to the Internet. I also disconnected my access point in that area, and move my other access points at each end of the building to channel 1, and use channel 6 and 11 for the co-located access points on the temporary network. I had to use two access points for the temporary network since they were having a minimum of 50 people.

That worked well; my two access points handled the work of three very well (thanks to a good site survey), and the temporary network worked like a charm.

I am studying for the exam and will let you know how it turns out as soon as I get the nerve to take it. Hopefully, I will be visiting the forum more frequently.

Thanks for all your help.

Page 1 of 1