Forum

• HI ,

Can any noe tell me how can the AP know that the Wireless Station supports RIFS or not.I did not find any parameter regarding RIFS in the Capability Info or the HT Information Elements of the Association Request from the Station.

I'm using Cisco AP 1250 series and the latest firmware that supports RIFS as per Wi-Fi.And the wireless clinets ar buffallo , linksys , Netgear etc.

Vasudev

• By (Deleted User)

Hii Vasudev ,

HT Information element contains "RIFS mode " field.

RIFS mode = 0 , RIFS not supported in BSS
    RIFS mode = 1 , RIFS supported in BSS

• Vinay,

RIFS mode = 0 and RIFS mode = 1 , tells that the AP does or does not allow RIFS sequences and this information will be in the HT IE that comes from the Beacon.

My understanding is that , AP set the RIFS mode to 0 or 1 based on the 11n clines in the BSS.

But what i'm pointing is that , how can the AP know that that any particular client supports RIFS.Is there any bit set in the Assoc Req etc from the clinet which tells that it suppports or does nto suppport RIFS.

Vausdev

• By (Deleted User)

Hii Vasudev ,

Use of RIFS is allowed only in Greenfield mode where are AP and clients are 11n . All 11n clients are supposed support the RIFS .

But there are some other rules , as to when will AP allow RIFS even in Greenfield mode .

Page 1 of 1