Forum

• I am curious about interference between data/vs radio transmissions. I'm not having to do this but I've been pondering it for a later half of the day without being able to find sufficient information off my normal resources and I think this question is beneficial for many out there.

Say we have found out there are sites that have "hidden" or AP Antennas in locations like inside of the ceiling tile and we need to find it after a decom and a new site install. (N upgrade, Voice quality and new survey, etc.,)

I guess this question would lay specific to Cisco products being the 350 series and the new 1200 series for reference.

If an AP has no data being transmitted in the client sense but does have SSID beacons broadcasting at at a lower beacon rate. (With WEP for testing/AP finding purposes and no true association to DHCP, etc.,, only stumbling for the purpose of finding the SSID)

Would it be possible to have "older" ap's operating in this fashion in a cut-over network without interference to the channel even if the SSID is on the exact same channel? I just don't know if the AP's radio transmission is consistent and/or dependant on things like amount of data between a client and APs.

One last one to add. Does the amount of clients in an area add to the data throughoutput or is the SSID beacon a one-way transmission?

Depends on how secure of an enviroment?

Business/Healthcare/to TS Government Facility

Page 1 of 1